Those of you who took the oral expression and interaction exam last Thursday are probably now intensively preparing for the comprehension test scheduled for the 6th of February. Therefore, in today’s article, I would like to share with you 6 tips on how to practice and be more prepared for your oral comprehension test and also improve your Luxembourgish at the same time.
1. Watch movies in Luxembourgish
Watching movies in Luxembourgish is a great way to improve your oral comprehension. Not only you improve your oral comprehension, but you also learn about the culture, about idioms and other expressions. Some of these movies are also available with transcription in Luxembourgish subtitles or with subtitles in French or English.
There are different ways you can find and watch movies in Luxembourgish:
· you can watch them on TV and RTL regularly airs new television series which allow you to start recognizing daily useful vocabulary. The last very successful TV series, called “Zëmmer ze verlounen” (Room to rent) airs on Tuesdays at 7 pm and is so much more engaging than listening to the news. You should be able to see the previous episodes on Replay by clicking on the link below (as long as RTL decided to offer it): http://tele.rtl.lu/emissiounen/zemmer-ze-verlounen/lu/
· you can rent them for free from the National Library;
· you can rent them or buy them on the platform www.vod.lu – the prices vary between 0,99 eur to 3,99 eur for rent and 6,99 eur to buy them;
· you can go to the cinema every time there is a movie in Luxembourgish, such as the recent Superjhemp Retörns, which can still be seen in some regional cinemas.